Navigating Internal Investigations in France
The passage of Sapin II and the French Bar Council's recent publication of guidelines for attorneys conducting internal investigations signal a new era of anti-corruption enforcement and increased numbers of internal investigations in France. At the same time, the United States continues to aggressively enforce the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), including in coordinated resolutions with French authorities.
This webinar will discuss:
- Recent developments in France's anti-corruption framework, including the French Bar Council guidelines
- Recent updates to the FCPA Resource Guide published by U.S. regulators
- Key practice tips for counsel representing companies operating in France, including privilege, data privacy, and jurisdictional considerations
- James G. Tillen, International Department Chair, Miller & Chevalier (Washington, DC)
- Stéphane Bonifassi, Partner, Bonifassi Avocats; Coordinator of the French Bar Council guidelines (Paris, France)
- Victoire Chatelin, Attorney, Bonifassi Avocats; Coordinator of the French Bar Council guidelines (Paris, France)
- Alexandre Vasseur, Legaltech Consultant, Vasseur Consulting (Paris, France)
- Margot Laporte, Counsel, Miller & Chevalier (Washington, DC)
Please RSVP by 5:00 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, September 8, 2020.This is a free webinar. Please feel free to forward this invitation to others in your company. The webinar will last approximately 60 minutes. Webinar login information will be emailed to you in advance of the event.
Wed, Sep 9
September 9th, 2020 10:00 AM through 11:00 AM